The National Board of Trial Advocacy Recognizes the Professional Excellence of Truck Accident Attorneys Michael and Rena Leizerman with President’s Awards
The National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA) has awarded truck accident attorneys Michael and Rena Leizerman with the board’s distinguished President’s Award. This distinctive honor recognizes NBTA members for their outstanding work and unique accomplishments impacting the legal field and their professional communities while advancing the NBTA’s mission to raise the professional level and quality of attorneys through accreditation.
Michael’s President’s Award comes from his outstanding work and continued contributions:
- Serving as the founding Chair of the American Association for Justice’s Trucking Litigation Group and the Co-Founder of the Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys (ATAA)
- Initiating NBTA’s Truck Accident Law Board Certification along with two other ATAA members.
- Authoring two litigation resources that most trial lawyers have on their shelves: Litigating Truck Accident Cases (co-author) and The Zen Lawyer: Winning with Mindfulness.
- Educating lawyers across the country on how to best represent the survivors and victims of catastrophic truck accidents.
Michael has taken 13 truck and bus cases to trial since 2006. He has received record-breaking truck accident settlements and verdicts across the country including multiple verdicts with punitive damages. He and his firm have received multi-million-dollar results in over 50 settlements and verdicts.
Rena’s President’s Award comes from the following outstanding achievements:
- Initiating and continuing to contribute to the NBTA’s Truck Accident Law Board Certification exam and standards
- Co-authoring the multi-volume legal treatise: Litigating Truck Accident Cases.
Teaching the only law school seminar in truck accident regulation for six years, Rena has successfully opposed a Petition for Certiorari to the United States Supreme Court, litigated numerous issues of first impression in courts across the country, and obtained the first punitive damage verdict against a freight broker for negligent selection.
She also drafts and submits amicus curiae briefs to advocate for justice and fairness in truck accident litigation.
Both Michael and Rena are honored to receive this prestigious award. “It is an honor to be among such a distinguished and select group of leaders in the legal profession. Rena and I are grateful to be recognized for our work”, said Michael Leizerman. “We believe strongly in NBTA’s mission to protect those in legal need through specialization accreditation and raising the professional level and quality of truck accident attorneys through board certification. Victims and survivors of truck crashes deserve attorneys with demonstrated knowledge and experience surrounding the complexities of truck accident law,” added Rena Leizerman.
The National Board of Trial Advocacy is a nonprofit organization devoted to improving the quality of trial advocacy and aiding consumers in their selection of experienced legal representation. NBTA offers board certification in various areas of law, including Civil Trial Law, Civil Practice Advocacy, and Truck Accident Law.
NBTA’s mission is to inform and educate the public concerning legal representation by board-certified specialists. It also aims to promote excellence in legal advocacy through a national program certifying specialists based on high standards of demonstrated competence and integrity.