Federal Trucking Laws and InformationBrowse trucking and truck driving laws and information at the State and Federal levels.
The laws pertaining to Truck Accidents and Safety in Title 49, Transportation, Chapter 3, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, Department of Transportation of The Code of Federal Regulations.
We have summarized several of the more relevant trucking laws for you to use as a reference.
- 49 CFR 350: Commercial Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program
- 49 CFR 382: Controlled Substances and Alcohol Use and Testing
- 49 CFR 383: Commercial Driver’s License Standards; Requirements and Penalties
- 49 CFR 391: Qualifications of Drivers
- 49 CFR 392: Driving of Commercial Motor Vehicles
- 49 CFR 393: Parts and Accessories Necessary for Safe Operation
- 49 CFR 395: Hours of Service of Drivers
- 49 CFR 396: Inspection, Repair, and Maintenance
- 49 CFR 397: Transportation of Hazardous Materials; Driving and Parking Rules
Contact us at 800-628-4500 for a free consultation
Or contact us online. All information is kept confidential. We will not accept a case in a state where we’re not ethically permitted under the circumstances.
Your truck accident case may be larger than you think. Our experience often enables us to maximize awards, well beyond what the co-counsel originally expected. Michael Leizerman’s book Litigating Truck Accident Cases, published by West Publishing, is considered the definitive work on handling truck accident cases. Contact us if you are seeking co-counsel on your case.