Trucking Laws and Information
Browse trucking and truck driving laws and information at the State and Federal levels.
Federal Trucking Laws
The laws pertaining to Truck Accidents and Safety in Title 49, Transportation, Chapter 3, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, Department of Transportation of The Code of Federal Regulations.
We have summarized several of the more relevant trucking laws for you to use as a reference.
- 49 CFR 350: Commercial Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program
- 49 CFR 382: Controlled Substances and Alcohol Use and Testing
- 49 CFR 383: Commercial Driver's License Standards; Requirements and Penalties
- 49 CFR 391: Qualifications of Drivers
- 49 CFR 392: Driving of Commercial Motor Vehicles
- 49 CFR 393: Parts and Accessories Necessary for Safe Operation
- 49 CFR 395: Hours of Service of Drivers
- 49 CFR 396: Inspection, Repair, and Maintenance
- 49 CFR 397: Transportation of Hazardous Materials; Driving and Parking Rules
State Trucking Laws
Please select a state to learn more:
Your truck accident case may be larger than you think. My experience often enables me to maximize awards, well beyond what the co-counsel originally expected. My book Litigating Truck Accident Cases, published by West Publishing, is considered the definitive work on handling truck accident cases. Contact me if you are seeking co-counsel on your case.
I have handled cases across the country. I am licensed in several states, and have local counsel in many states who I trust and work with closely.